Sunday, October 21, 2012

Home Away from Home

One of the things that made it easier to move to a place we'd never been to before was knowing there was a temple in Birmingham.  I grew up with a temple in San Diego, and there was always a temple close by no matter where I lived in Utah, and it's a place I've always tried to visit often.  Knowing there'd be a temple to go to in our new city made it so much easier to move because I knew I would have a holy place to worship God and feel close to Him.

 
After a few weeks of getting settled, I went to the temple and I can't fully describe how good it felt to be there.  It always feels good to be in the temple, but it was especially good that first time in the Birmingham, Alabama temple because I felt like I was home.  It was familiar, and it was something I knew.  My temple dress was the same, the kind temple workers were the same, the covenants made and promises given were the same, the closeness I felt to the Lord was the same.  I felt at home.  For those who want to know more about temples, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment