Sunday, December 16, 2012

Time FLIES

Yesterday, we went to the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute with some friends and it was pretty cool.  I took some pictures, but they were all taken on the wrong setting so most of them turned out weird.
 
 

Before we left the museum, I saw a sign about the institute explaining its opening in November of 1992.  I said to Newel, "Wow, it's only been open for barely 10 years." 

Newel corrected me saying, "You mean 20?"

"Oh, yes 20." (But secretly, I didn't mean 20.  I really did think that 1992 was only 10 years ago.  Where have I been the last 10 years?!)

P.S. My favorite exhibit was "Black from the Heart of Dixie: Famous African American Alabamians".  The exhibit featured portraits of some of the most influential African Americans to come out of the State of Alabama including: Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Jesse Owens & Lionel Ritchie.  I had no idea they were from Alabama.  Pretty cool, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Hank Aaron is one of my favorites. I remember when he broke the home run record (without steroids - so it is still the record that counts in my book). Plus Hank and I have the same birthday. Yay us!

    ReplyDelete