Monday, July 7, 2014

Pizza

So for those of you who don't know, my favorite food is pizza.  I LOVE pizza.  Anything from authentic Italian to good ole Little Caesar's; from homemade goodness to store-bought frozen.  We've found some pretty good pizza places down here in Birmingham.  We also have all the usual places like Papa John's, Dominos, etc.  But there's been a special place, near and dear to my hungry heart, that they haven't had in Birmingham until just 2 months ago, and that special place is...drum roll please... PAPA MURPHY's!

For those of you who haven't heard of Papa Murphy's, it's a take and bake pizza place that makes your pizza with all the freshest ingredients and then you get to take the pizza home, bake it in your own oven, and eat it.  YUM.  I have so many good memories associated with Papa Murphy's--hanging out with friends as a student at BYU, brother-in-law's wedding rehearsal dinner, my golden birthday, Newel's nephew's 1st birthday, dinner & games with Newel's sister & brother-in-law... you get the picture.  If there's a good party going on, Papa Murphy's is probably there too.

Last week I was thinking about how much I missed it, and then as Newel and I were driving around on the 4th of July I thought I saw a sign that said Papa Murphy's.  I told Newel, "I must really miss Papa Murphy's because I think I'm seeing the signs for it".  And then I realized I really was seeing the signs for it!  YAY!  Today, I got a large barbecue chicken pizza for only $8 because it's their special pizza of the week.  It was delicious and worth every single yummy, savory, and probably fatty bite!

Birmingham friends, if you haven't had Papa Murphy's, try it!  There's a new location by the Publix on Caldwell Mill Road.  Utah friends, go eat some Papa Murphy's for me and count your pizza blessings. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment