Sunday, March 31, 2013

Newel's Week

Currently, there are 52 people in Newel's family which includes his parents, their children, their children's spouses, and their grandchildren.  Newel's dad decided to put together a family calendar for the year of 2013 and assign a week to each member of the family to be honored.  During each person's week, the family sends love and positive energy to that person and includes him/her in their thoughts and prayers.  I think it's pretty cool.

Newel's week of being especially remembered and honored in the Mecham family calendar starts today, Sunday, March 31st and goes through Saturday, April 6th.  Newel's dad took this photo of Newel just prior to us leaving Salt Lake City to move to Birmingham, AL.


Look at our moving truck filled with all our stuff!  I still think it's crazy that we moved here some times.  We love the South, but seeing this picture causes me to feel some mixed emotions.  We miss Utah for all our loved ones that are still there.  We wish Alabama wasn't so far from them, but we're still grateful to be here.

Since it's Newel's week, I wanted to write something nice about him as a way to honor him.  Newel is the best man I ever could have married.  He’s the right person for me in every way.  Newel makes me laugh every single day, and is always sensitive to how I’m doing/feeling.  He is a spiritual man who loves God & His Son, and he loves his family.  Newel is my best friend, and I’m grateful to be married to him always.  I'm glad we are here together in Alabama, having some adventures in the South.

No comments:

Post a Comment