Thursday, October 3, 2013

Heap Fam Comes to Bham

I might need to break up this post a bit, but I guess we'll just see.  Actually, I'm gonna do a quick rundown of the visit and then go into fun details when I have more time (I'm so tired).  Last weekend, my mom and dad and youngest brother came from San Diego to stay with us in Birmingham.  It was SO MUCH FUN.  They were our first official visitors to come stay with us and see where we live.  It was their first time in Alabama and I'm pretty sure they weren't disappointed.  We got to do things I had already done as well as some new things, and we ate lots of good food, of course.  Here's what we did:

Vulcan Park



Antebellum Home & Gardens


Sloss Furnaces



Birmingham Civil Rights Institute



University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa on Game Day


There was also lots of food, games, talking, and hanging out all in between.  We also did a really interesting walking tour of Kelly Ingram Park which was definitely a highlight, but I have no pictures.

After I took my family back to the airport Monday morning, went to work, and then came home, our apartment felt empty and lonely.  I thought I was just a little crazy, but then Newel said it seemed quiet without my family there.  We both missed them!  I guess we could have lived in a less fun place and it still would have been great to have them, but I'm glad we moved to Birmingham so they could visit us here and see a new part of the country.  It was fun for me to see all the fun attractions here too because I can now better appreciate all the history and culture that makes Birmingham the great city it is.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a wonderful trip! We love Birmingham and especially loved being with Hillary and Newel - super hosts. I hope we are able to come back to the South soon. Loved everything we did, saw and ate! I recommend everyone go to visit Hillary and Newel in B'ham as soon as they can.

    ReplyDelete