Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Nashville - Round 3

A few weeks ago, Newel and I were able to meet up with my brother and his wife in... drumroll please... NASHVILLE.  Yesss!  We had lots of fun together.  Here are a few highlights:

First, we ate at Monell's (I haven't been to Nashville without eating there - yes, it's that good).  Maybe not good for the hips, but good for the soul!


Then we went to Centennial Park to check out the Parthenon.  We didn't stay very long and didn't take any pictures because it was raining, and I mean REALLY raining - like it does this time of year in the South.

We also walked around Opryland, but I didn't take any pictures again!  I think I got too distracted with having so much fun being with Andrew & Stacy.

Then we walked through the District, up and down Broadway Avenue, looked in some neat shops and ate Mike's ice cream.



The next day, we went to the Hermitage which is the home/estate of President Andrew Jackson.  It was really cool.  We got to tour his home, walk around the gardens, and the homes his slaves lived in.  We also happened to be there on Chocolate Day where a lady demonstrated how they made and used/ate chocolate back in Andrew Jackson's day.  There were also some samples. :)  I think it had a better name than Chocolate Day, but now I can't remember what it was.  Festival of Chocolates?  Chocolate Heritage?  Nope, I just looked it up because it was bugging me.  It was called Historic Chocolate at the Hermitage.




And that was about it.  Short and sweet.  After the Hermitage, we had to part ways and return home.  Can I just say that I love my brother and sister-in-law?!  They are so great and I think they're some of the coolest people I know.  When we were driving home, Newel said, "It's too bad they don't live closer" (because then we could see them more).  But we are SO happy that they're in North Carolina.  Eight hours driving distance is WAY better than twenty-seven.

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to see you guys again!! Less than two weeks until we get to party!

    ReplyDelete