Sunday, November 18, 2012

Isn't this cute?

 
I found these when I unpacked a few months ago, and I didn't know what to do with them so I just took a picture of them.  The one on the left is Newel's handprint in 1985 and the one on the right is my handprint in 1989.  It amazes me when I think that Newel and I were once just little kids (with little hands) that had no idea one another existed.  We had no idea that one day we would marry and embark on a whole new adventure together in Birmingham, Alabama.
 
This life is an amazing gift, and we are so grateful to be living in Alabama at this time in our lives.  When we first found out we'd be moving to Birmingham, I said, "Birmingham?!  Who thinks about Birmingham?!"  The only time I had ever thought of Birmingham was when I learned about civil rights history in grade school.  But now that we're here, I know one thing for sure - our Heavenly Father thinks about Birmingham.  He is very mindful of everyone that lives here, including me and Newel.  He loves all of us so much and thinks about each of us all the time, no matter where we are in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. I remember so well when your hand was that little. Isn't it great that you and Newel found each other?! This is one of my favorite posts. It is such a blessing to know that wherever we are and whoever we are, God is mindful of us.

    ReplyDelete