Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Real quick...

We're going to Atlanta for our first Thanksgiving in the South to be with Newel's sister and her family.  It should be swell.  I will definitely post something about our adventures out there (fingers-crossed that our sweet, little Jetta behaves this trip). 

We still have to pack and get up early to drive out there, but I wanted to tell a story real quick about an experience Newel had at work.  On Monday, Newel's work had a Thanksgiving potluck.  There were all kinds of amazing Southern Thanksgiving dishes like smoked turkey, cornbread dressing (stuffing), and sweet potato casserole.  To bad it wasn't take-your-wife-to-work day.  I would've been all over that food.  Anyway, this story isn't about the food.  It's about Newel and his coworkers.  Newel said before they started, they blessed the food.  Newel said it was awesome because there wasn't any hesitation on praying to Heavenly Father in thanks for their blessings, which included being together and having food.  No one was worried about offending anyone because everyone acknowledged that all blessings come from Him.  I thought it was a neat story.  I hope I told it well enough.

I know we're grateful for all our blessings.  If I name them one by one, I'll never get to packing.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment