Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Monell's

I really should have taken pictures of our experience at Monell's.  I was too excited about eating there, that I wasn't thinking straight. :)  At Monell's, you get a truly Southern eating experience.  When you arrive, they seat you at a big table with other people and the server brings out all the dishes and everyone just takes what they want and then passes to their left.  You can eat as much as you want, and they'll bring out more of whatever you'd like.  Their menu changes depending on the day, but they always serve skillet fried chicken and southern veggies and biscuits at every meal.

We went on Saturday for lunch and we were served the following:  cucumber salad, creamy coleslaw, collard greens, green beans, mashed potatoes, biscuits, gravy, cornbread, corn pudding, baked beans, meatloaf, fried chicken, barbecue ribs, baked apples, and banana cream pie.  Oh my goodness, really, my words just aren't doing the food justice.  It was divine and it was worth every single minute I probably took off my life.

Newel and I both thought of my dad and brothers.  They would love this place and they would do some damage.  My dad would definitely feel like it was a "spiritual" experience and it almost was for me.

Really, if you ever go to Nashville or if you're even close to Nashville, and you don't care about eating healthy, low-fat, low-carb, low/no-sugar, vegetarian/vegan, or anything to do with portion control, GO TO MONELL'S.  It is a really fun eating experience and the food is SO delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment