Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Can't Breathe

So I remember people talking about how when it gets super hot & humid, it feels like you can't breathe, and I didn't understand.  How can you not breathe?  We live on a planet that was created for human life.  There's always enough oxygen to go around, right?  Mostly right.

Today, it was a lovely 96 degrees and pretty humid (not sure the percentage).  I left work to get into my car, and the little 2-minute walk to my vehicle wasn't too bad (although my hair was already sticking to the sweat on my neck).  Then I get into my car, and I can't breathe!  Really, I don't know how to describe it, but it was like the air in my car was so hot and so wet that it was like I was half submerged in water and I couldn't get any air!  What is happening?!!!  I was a little panicked for a second, but quickly got the AC going and was fine again.  Sheesh.

I don't know how people lived here without air conditioning.  They must have just been wet & sticky ALL THE TIME.  There are many reasons I came to to this earth in this day & age.  And air conditioning is one of them.

P.S.  Southwest is having a great deal on flights during the fall season (need to book by TOMORROW).  All the suffocating heat & humidity will be over with so if anyone wants to come visit us, we would love for you to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment