Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fort Walton

A couple of weekends ago we went to Fort Walton Beach, Florida and it was so nice.  I LOVE the beach, and I've missed it so much.  I usually go to visit family in San Diego during the winter and early spring/summer seasons when the water is way too cold for a wimp like me.  I've probably only dipped my toes in the ocean the last 4-5 times I've been home.  

Everytime I go to the beach, I feel like my body recognizes the familiar scene of my childhood, and I feel home again.  It sounds crazy, but I do.  My whole body feels more relaxed and I feel happier.  Newel loves the beach too.  I'm sure it crossed his mind when we were dating that visiting in-laws in San Diego would be a definite bonus if/when he married me. :) 

Here's are some pictures of our trip.  

Can't you tell how happy we are to be at the beach?!

Aww yeah.

The is a picture of Destin Harbor which is just east of Fort Walton.  We grabbed dinner in Destin and loved the food, of course.


There are no pictures of us swimming in the ocean, but we swam a lot.  The water was apparently cooler than it usually is for this time of year, but we thought it was warmer than anything in the Pacific.  It was a great beach vacation, and we can't wait to go back again!


No comments:

Post a Comment