Thursday, May 23, 2013

Wardrobe MALFUNCTION

 Yep, I accidentally wore different shoes to work today. 


 I wasn't even in a rush this morning.  And I thought I looked totally cute today - cute outfit, good hair day, etc.  We keep our shoes by the front door, and I wanted to wear my comfortable black ones (on my right foot).  I looked down and then back up, assuming I was slipping on my two black work shoes.  But no.  I locked up our apartment, got in my car, drove all the way to work, and didn't even realize I had two different shoes on until I entered the school.  Oh my goodness!  I was tempted to leave work and go back home to get two of the same shoes, but decided against it because I had a lot to do today.  I decided to experiment and see if anyone would say anything.  Only two of my coworkers did.  Not sure if that meant only two of them noticed or only two them were brave enough to say anything.  My first coworker to notice asked, "Hillary, I was wondering, what's going on with...(pointing at my feet)?"  And then, my second coworker to notice came up to me in the cafeteria to quietly ask me if I knew I was wearing two different shoes (probably because she didn't want to embarrass me if I didn't know).  Wow.  I laughed a lot today.  Newel laughed at me too since he got home before I did and got to see the my whole work ensemble.  I think this whole experience taught me (or reminded me) not to take life too seriously.  It's a good life and a funny one too.

Personal Goal for Tomorrow:  Wear the SAME pair of shoes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment