Thursday, September 27, 2012

Downtown

Last Friday I went downtown to meet Newel and a couple of his coworkers for lunch. It was the first time I went there.  I've driven past it several times on the way to and from the temple, but never actually got off an exit and drove through it until Friday. It was pretty cool, my visit was quick because I didn't really know where I was going, and parking was a little crazy so all my pictures are from my car.  And, yes, I know driving and taking pictures is not smart driving, but I was stopped everytime.  Here's a little bit of downtown Birmingham!

Leaving the restaurant - this area was my favorite part of the what I saw in the city.
 
Looking north? Maybe west? I still get mixed up with directions since there are no mountains/oceans.
 
Research and medicine is pretty big in Birmingham.  Most people we meet are here for work or school in something to do with the medical field.

I really like this church building.  I forget what it was called now, but I don't think it's a historic landmark.  Just really cool looking.
 
 
So.... ....is anyone tempted to come visit us in Birmingham yet? :)
 

1 comment:

  1. I am totally tempted and can't wait to come to B'ham. You could do a cool post about all the churches you pass on your way to church and Sunday traffic. Also I need to hear more about consignment sales in the South. It is so cool that you are there!

    ReplyDelete