Friday, September 14, 2012

The Snake

Newel likes to tease.  Sometimes I think it's funny, and other times I don't, and he knows it.  When we we're driving out of Oak Mountain State Park, there was a rattlesnake in the middle of the road.  Newel decided to get out of the car to take a picture of it.  I said, "Fine, but I'll stay here in the car.  Be careful."  Newel then gets out and takes this picture of the snake.
 

I'm thinking, okay, you took the picture, time to get back in the car so I wave to him to come back.  But no.  Newel starts stomping around it, and I'm pretty sure the snake's not going to be happy about it.  I'm waving frantically and telling him to get back in the car.  But Newel just smiles and keeps stomping, and I'm thinking I might need to take Newel to a hospital.  Finally, the snake moved a little and Newel took this picture.


"What were you doing?!"  I say as he gets back in the car.  Newel told me hw wanted to try to get the snake to move so he could get a good picture of it because in the other one, the snake was just laying there. Who cares!  Luckily, no one got hurt, especially me because I stayed in the car with the doors locked.  (I really don't like snakes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment