Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Bird-day to Me!

My birthday was last week, but I wanted to post something about it because it was my first birthday in the South, and we actually took a couple pictures of it!  The best parts of my birthday was my family calling and saying something they liked about me (a Heap Family tradition), and then Newel surprising me with coming home from work early and giving me a bouquet of roses.  The roses were beautiful, but what made me the most happy was that we was home, and we could be together for the rest of my birthday.  Just a little side-note about me: nothing brings me more joy and happiness in life than spending time with Newel and family.  So you can see why it made me so happy to have Newel come home early and spend even more time with him.

Anyway, enough with the sappy stuff.  Newel and I love Indian food and so we went to an Indian restaurant for dinner which was delicious (but no Bombay), and then we went to Target to get a vase for the flowers he got me (I have no idea what happened to the vases I had before moving).  Then we went home and watched The Even Stevens Movie (one my Disney Channel Original favorites), which was a present from my brother and his wife (Thank you again Andrew and Stacy!).  It was a low-key birthday, but exactly what I wanted.  I got to talk to my family, eat delicious food and spend most of the day with my sweetheart.  The only picture that turned out was the one in front of Target so here you go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment