Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yum

So here's a personal adventure that took place in the South: baking with yeast. :)  I use to have a yeast phobia.  For some reason, I thought yeast was seriously hard to work with and that the only chance I had to make decent bread was my dear friend, the bread making machine (which I still think is a really great and respectable way to make bread).  But then I finally caught on to the Our Best Bites blog and found yeast bread recipes that looked so, SO delicious.  I wanted to make them so much that I just made myself overcome my fear of yeast.  I started with the rosemary focaccia recipe which was divine, and then I tried the breadsticks.  I loved them so much and was so proud of my work that I took a picture.  I know, I'm now one of those people that takes pictures of their food.  Oh well.  Still proud!

I definitely recommend both recipes.  The shaping of the breadsticks was a little bit of work for me, but any normal bread-making person can easily handle it.  If you are feeling wary about yeast or bread-making in general, don't worry, I believe in you and know you can make whatever you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment